1. Why should I use a real estate professional to buy a home, seeing as I'm able to search for properties online myself?
- A Real Estate Professional can help you in the home search process in many ways, at no absolutely no cost to you. Here are a few examples:
- A Real Estate Professional can arrange tours to get you in to compare homes of interest to you, at a time that is convenient for you.
- A Real Estate Professional can suggest other homes to look at, that you may have missed.
- A Real Estate Professional can point out potential home/area benefits and concerns that may not be obvious at first glance.
- A Real Estate Professional can provide information about what other homes are selling for in the neighbourhood.
- A Real Estate Professional can ensure that the Offer to Purchase is written to your benefit, as much as possible.
- A Real Estate Professional can help coordinate the purchase, from offer to possession.
2. What tools does a real estate professional provide, to help with the home search process?
- A Real Estate Professional can set up an automated search for you, so that you are notified as soon as a new home hits the market that fits your criteria. This information is available a day before it is available on public MLS ®, without having to go looking for it. This way, you will not miss a great new listing or price reduction, that will quickly be snapped up off the market.
- A Real Estate Professional is able to get you into any home that is on the market on your schedule, with the use of an ekey device on their smart phone.
- A Real Estate Professional has access to more detailed property information, than is available publically.
- As a member of the Calgary Real Estate Board, and a Calgary, Cochrane and Airdrie area real estate professional, I have access to these tools, and many more.
3. Do I need to get a mortgage pre-approval before I start looking for a house or condo?
It is strongly recommended to get an official pre-approval ahead of time, (not just the results from a mortgage calculator). It makes for a happier and more successful process to know ahead of time where things stand with financing. Also, you might be pleasantly surprised with what you find out!