5 Inexpensive Ways to Update A Kitchen (For Buyer & Sellers)
It is well known that the kitchen is one of the most important rooms in the house, when it comes to selling your home, (if not the most important). While it may not be practical to do a complete overhaul on the kitchen to prepare for a sale, there are several things that can be done to make an outdated kitchen more appealing.
On the flip side, you may be considering buying a home that has almost everything, but is missing some wow in the kitchen. Why not go for what otherwise is a great deal, and then put a little work in to increase the value of your home from the get go?
1. Replace the hardware on kitchen cabinets. Outdated handles and knobs are easy to replace, and replacing them can go a long way in improving the overall appearance of the kitchen.
2. Bring in new lighting fixtures. Did you know that lighting fixtures are one of the easiest do it yourself projects out there? Plus, this is another area where a limited budget goes a long way.
3. Paint the kitchen cabinets. It may take some elbow grease to take them down, and paint, but the payoff is worth the trouble.
4. Put in modern back splash tile. Almost every newer, and upgraded home, features a backsplash between the counters and the cabinets. Do a bit of searching on You Tube for tips on how to do it yourself.
5. Paint the walls. This may be obvious, but still true. A neutral, modern paint job on kitchen walls, will make a home show better every time.
Subscribe to this post's comments using